Public sector People are currently seeking a Civil Design Roads Engineer to join our Local Council Client. This will be a contract position with the view to go permanent for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and a highly motivated person to prepare detailed surveys and designs for roads, drainage and traffic facilities to comply with current standards and to best practice of the industry.
- Degree qualifications in Engineering or equivalent
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Sound computer skills including extensive CAD skills (12D, AutoCAD Civil 3D & Civilcad)
- Demonstrated ability to prepare designs on time to comply with design standards and to industry best practice
- Knowledge of GIS mapping systems
- A good understanding of survey practice & a knowledge of GPS Survey equipment
- High level of verbal and communication skills
- Considerable experience in all aspects of Civil Engineering and in particular road and traffic facilities
- Ability to manage minor design and construction projects from the inception to completion
- Experience in Public Sector
- Previous project management experience
- An understanding of computer based applications for engineering survey, design, modelling and analysis for civil engineering design and drainage management
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for your next contract opportunity please apply via the appropriate link with a CV attached.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8200.