How this position will make the Difference to Cardinia Shire
Help us educate our community about environmental sustainability and reducing waste as our Waste and Resource Recovery Officer.
This is an integral role within our Infrastructure Unit. Reporting to the Waste Management Coordinator you will assist in the development, implementation, and delivery of a comprehensive community waste minimisation and litter prevention education. You will also provide support in the monitoring and supervision of contracts for the collection and disposal of domestic and commercial garbage, recyclables, green and biannual hard and green waste, and public place recycling.
You will be responsible for undertaking the promotion and education activities associated with Councils waste and resource recovery services and managing projects relating to waste reduction programs or initiatives.
To make your mark on this role, you will have a sound knowledge of waste management, education and/or contract administration. You will be able to quickly understand relevant organisational goals and objectives and Council policies. Your well-developed public relations and project management skills will allow you to excel in this busy and important role.
Key Selection Criteria.
- Highly developed communication and educational skills (essential).
- Skills, qualifications, and experience in a relevant waste, environmental, educational, communication or compliance field.
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with complaints and enquiries.
- Knowledge of waste collection, disposal, recycling and waste minimisation methods and relevant legislation applicable to these activities.
- Ability to assist with the supervision of contracts in the areas of waste services delivery and disposal facilities.
- Demonstrate initiative in program development.
- Ability to project manage programs from development through to completion.
- Able to work autonomously.
Why work for Cardinia?
- Cardinia Shire Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and investment in our staff. Everything we do is underpinned by our Together, Different and for the Future approach, embracing collaboration and innovation across teams, with other agencies, and our community.
- We are passionate about delivering our vision: ‘Cardinia Shire will be developed in a planned manner to enable present and future generations to live healthy and productive lives and to enjoy the richness of the diverse and distinctive characteristics of the shire’.
- We seek people with diverse experience and background, then provide you with the tools for career success. You will have access to targeted training through our learning and development programs to enable you to achieve your professional goals and excel in your role.
- We offer opportunities to work flexibly; balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships and health insurance, annual leave loading and access to our comprehensive health and well-being program.
- To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your Resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria (above).
- Closing: 29th June 2020
- Please refer to the PD for further information https://www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/jobsearch
1300 787 624
This job vacancy ad is first publish in SEEK.