9:00am Masterclass Commences
4:30pm End of Day One
Each day the facilitator will assign time for a morning, lunch and afternoon break.
Session one: Creating a strategically aligned community engagement approach
Community engagement is critical to ensure the quality and effectiveness of services and programs, as well as building capacity and supporting democratic processes. This session will examine some practical strategies that will enhance engagement through strong strategic alignment.
- Understanding the strategic purpose of engagement
- Establishing a common purpose and commitment
- Identifying your stakeholders and their objectives
- Setting clear and specific goals and identifying priorities
Session two: Improving and regaining the community’s trust
The Australian public’s trust in government has been declining for some years, which can lead to detrimental outcomes. During times of crisis, such as the ongoing pandemic, it’s particularly important that governments gain citizens’ trust. This session will examine ways for governments to gain and regain the community’s trust through effective communications and engagement strategies.
- Increasing decision makers condence in engagement outcomes
- How to rebuild broken trust and build new relationships
- Increasing transparency in decision-making processes
- Developing and implementing frameworks for citizen participation and inclusion
Session three: Building community capacity for effective engagement
When creating successful engagement strategies, it’s critical to ensure the community and its members have ample of opportunity to make their voices and opinions heard. This session will examine ways to successfully engage citizens through practical communications frameworks and strategies.
- Ensuring there’s a two-way communication stream
- Providing opportunity for ongoing feedback and communication
- Consulting with the community to identify their values and concerns on future plans and projects