Privacy and Policy
Should you wish to contact us concerning Privacy, please go to the contact page.
Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our website, or for our customers’ level of compliance with our code.
Collection of your Personal Information
Public Spectrum Channel collects different information about you at different times. There are four broad categories of information that we collect from you:
1. Information we require to supply our services.
- When you first sign up or contact with Public Spectrum Channel for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we request information such as your name, address, telephone number, domain name, email details of your primary and secondary contacts, credit card details (if you are paying online). We may also ask for your age and gender.
- We may also monitor or record telephone conversations with you from time to time to train staff and to improve our service to you.
2. Non-personally-identifying information.
- In addition to the information you specifically provide above, Public Spectrum Channel operates statistics gathering software on its web site to collect information about the number of visitors coming to the site. This software collects no identifying information. The software records the IP address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our technical structure and performance and to determine which areas of our web site are most popular.
3. Other demographic information.
- If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of Public Spectrum Channel products and services.
4. Personal data stored on a web site hosted by Akolade.
- Public Spectrum Channel will have personal information stored on our servers because we host web sites of other organisations. Any information that is submitted to or collected by these organisations will be physically located on an Public Spectrum server. This information, whether voluntarily provided or not, will not be used or released by Akolade in any manner, and it will be kept strictly confidential unless we are required to release the information by law.
How do you use my Personal Information?
We only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of our events.
We do not give personal information about an individual to any government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- You would reasonably expect, or have told us, that information of this kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
- It is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue
Security of your Personal Information
Akolade has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorised access. We maintain our servers in a controlled, secure environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information to perform their job function are authorised to access the database. Constant changes to the Internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
Other Disclosure by you
You should never reveal your password to third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be liable for actions taken on your behalf by third parties using your password or personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
If you collect personal information which you keep on servers provided by PSC as part of our service to you (including email), you alone are responsible for compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in respect of that information. We take no responsibility for your dealings with personal information you collect.
Accessing your Personal Information
From time to time, you may need to update your personal information. We keep this information in a secure environment which you can access through our website. To amend any of your personal information, you will be required to give your user name and password.
If you contact us via telephone, you will need to answer a few security questions before any personal information is revealed or amended.
Public Spectrum Channel does not knowingly collect, use or market any information to children. We also urge you to familiarise yourself with your legal responsibilities concerning children and the Internet, which can be found in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact our Privacy Officer via the contact page. We will deal promptly with your complaint. If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.