Australian healthcare and frontline staff have experienced a very challenging year and the impact on mental health cannot be underestimated.
The impacts are broad and far reaching, from significant mental health concerns through to the impact on physical and mental wellbeing and family relationships. But this group of professionals are often the most difficult to reach and support.
Designing and introducing tools, practices and resources that busy frontline staff can integrate into their busy work environment is critical in reducing the burden on their mental health and wellbeing. Taking a digital led approach, Smiling Mind has developed a new resource to support healthcare workers to take a positive and proactive approach to manage the emotional impact of their work environment, learn new skills and connect with peers in new ways.
Attend this practical workshop and learn how to:
- Recognise symptoms and signs of the emotional impact of the work environment
- Build trauma-informed staff and resilience workforce
- Create opportunities for “brain breaks” and connection with peers
- Explore the role of mindfulness in managing the transition between work and other areas of life
- Explore the ways in which digital tools can be used to support mental health on the go
Dr Addie Wootten, Chief Executive Officer, Smiling Mind