NSW provides COVID-19 business grants to affected businesses
The NSW Government is now offering financial support via the COVID-19 business grants for businesses, sole traders and not-for-profit organisations that have been impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions.
With many experiencing reduced demand and closure due to public health orders, the NSW Government is handing out one-off grants worth $7,500, $10,500 or $15,000.
The 2021 COVID-19 business grants provide cash flow support for eligible applicants across NSW. Eligible applications can use the grant for business costs incurred from 1 June 2021.
These costs can include the following:
- utilities, wages and rent
- financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- marketing and communications activities to develop the business
- the cost of perishable goods that can no longer be used
- other activities to support the operation of the business
To be eligible for the grant, the NSW Government recommends that businesses present the following:
- an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- proof that the business was operating in NSW as of 1 June 2021
- have had total annual Australian wages of $10 million or less as of 1 July 2020
- have had an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2020
- have business costs for which there is no other government support available
- maintain your employee headcount as of 13 July 2021
Three different grant amounts will be available depending on the decline in turnover experienced over a minimum of two weeks between 26 June 2021 and 26 July 2021.
For a decline of 30% or more, $7,500 will be provided. Then, $10,500 will be given to businesses that have a turnover decline of 50% above, and $15,000 for those that had a turnover decline of 70% or more.
To be eligible for these grants, businesses and not-for-profit organisations on the NSW border with Victoria must demonstrate a decline in turnover over a minimum 2-week period from 27 May 2021 to 26 July 2021.
The NSW Government is only providing one grant per ABN, so multiple businesses under one ABN are only eligible for one grant.
The 2021 COVID-19 business grant cannot be used to cover expenses where other government support is available. This includes government fees and charges that would be covered by the small business fees and charges rebate.
Businesses that have received COVID-19 business grants previously can still apply for this new grant so long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
Complete and detailed information on the 2021 COVID-19 business grants is available on the Service NSW website.